Job Title: Vice President – Marketing and Promotion
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Invest Turks and Caicos Offices – Providenciales
The Vice President of Marketing and Promotion is a key senior management member whose goal is to create and maintain a strong marketing and communications program that increases global awareness of the TCI to targeted investors and convinces these investors to consider TCI as an investment destination. The VP Marketing will be responsible for conducting research to identify specific investors in targeted sectors and developing materials to convince investors of the desirability of investing in the country.
As part of this process the VP Marketing will be responsible for developing a strong “brand” identity, maintaining a strong web presence, creating data and reports to educate investors on the country, ensuring the investor enquiries are directed to the appropriate responder/ answered quickly and maximizing the impact of social media directed at investors.
As well, the incumbent will be responsible for organizing investment promotion events and conferences and in providing public relations support to the organization. The incumbent will oversee the work of the Market Research Officer in carry out the functions of the position and will also oversee contractors to conduct IT, Event Coordination and Public Relations for short term periods.
Key Duties and Requirements:
- To develop and manage the investment promotion marketing strategy and/or sponsorship program, within the available budget. The strategy will include corporate branding, image and reputation initiatives.
- To take the lead on preparing relevant marketing and other written materials, for the purposes of both external and internal communications.
- To develop and implement market awareness campaigns through various media. Create and deliver marketing messages on multiple media platforms in sync with the units and the countries branding and advertising objectives.
- To develop and implement a program of event/conference attendance and participation, including arranging for investment promotion presentations with individual investors pre and post these events.
- To develop a “Team TCI” partnership that will link Invest TCI with statutory bodies such as the FSC and Tourist Board, along with private firms in the TCI to collaboratively market the advantages of investing in the TCI.
- To prepare Cabinet papers and other documents required to address policy or project issues that arise.
- To attend and represent the Turks and Caicos in industry specific conferences, promotional and other events as required
- To identify and implement opportunities to secure positive PR for TCI as an investment location. Identify and utilize aboard networks, Embassies and Consulates abroad as key avenues for investment promotion.
- To manage the work of the Market Research Officer to ensure that the Agency can develop and maintain a high quality website, access all aspects of social media and develop/disseminate data, publications, reports and other materials including business guides, investment guides, investor prospectuses that will enlighten investors as the nature of the TCI economy and the rationale for investing.
- To track and present quarterly information on website statistics and consumer data so that online mediums remain aptly targeted toward target audiences.
- To maintain a database of internal and external contacts to ensure that at all times an up to date data bank of advertisers, partners, marketing agencies and other Centers of Influence.
- To prepare and provide accurate and timely information through the website and social media to facilitate investment decisions.
- To contribute to the Strategic Plan and Budget annually.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the management team to ensure the program supports and compliments the Corporation’s business plan.
- Conduct and liaise with local private sector to have site visiting and on islands promotion in the case of ground breaking and project launches.
- To undertake any other relevant activities or duties as deemed by the CEO.
Education and qualifications:
Post‐secondary degree in travel, tourism, leisure, business studies, marketing, management, journalism or a related‐field.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in communications, marketing, brand management, stakeholder engagement, public relations and/ or advertising and experience in destination marketing.
- Experience of planning and overseeing a marketing strategy/budget.
- Experience in managing relationships with outside marketing agencies.
- Sound knowledge and experience in formulating and conducting marketing campaigns, particularly as it relates to destination marketing.
- Experience in the writing, designing and production of marketing material
- Knowledge of website management and other communication channels
- Knowledge of the most effective ways to use social media
- Experience in account management with a strong emphasis on interpersonal client management and customer service skills.
- Experience in program design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience making presentations to large and small groups
- Experience in line managing staff
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong writing and presentational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Open and engaging demeanor.
- Strong communicator.
- Able to generate and share ideas.
- Hands-on approach.
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Able to win trust and personal credibility
- Persistence and personal resilience.
- Willingness to personally deliver quality to business clients.
- Willingness to understand and embrace different cultures, lifestyles and associated points of view.
- Willingness to understand and embrace the values associated with small communities.
- Fluent English
- Willingness and ability to travel by air and sea.
Salary Negotiable based on experience
Deadline Date for Applications
The deadline date for applications is December 08, 2023.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate, and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks, and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The CEO – of Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “VP Marketing and Promotion” clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line in the email should read “VP Marketing and Promotion”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.