Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands June 9th, 2020 – Elite Traveler is proud to announce its New Destination Horizons virtual conference, exploring the effect of Covid-19 on travel and tourism in the Americas (Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 12:00 pm ET)
This pandemic has single-handedly brought the travel and tourism sector to its knees with mandated lockdowns and travel heavily restricted.
With Covid-19 seemingly around to stay for the next few years, the question is: how will the industry recover?
This unique free event will explore how the US, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean has been impacted by Covid-19 and discuss strategies for recovery.
The prestigious panel features several industry experts, including James Bursey, Chief Executive Officer of Invest Turks and Caicos Agency, The Turks and Caicos Islands primary investment promotion Agency.
The conference will feature keynote speakers, Hon. E.P. Chet Greene, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Immigration, Antigua and Barbuda and Gloria Guevara, President/CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council, who will offer a macro-economic review of the impact of Covid-19 and share their insights on how they expect the sector to react and recover.
Other speakers will include:
- Angel Díaz Rebolledo, Dean of the Tourism Faculty, Center for Tourism Research and Competitiveness, Anahuac University
- Maureen Riley, Vice-President International, Destination Canada
- Brian D. Frontin, President, Caribbean Society of Hotel Association Executives
- Natalia Bayona, Senior Expert on Innovation, Investments and Digital Transformation, UNWTO
- Elie Younes, EVP & Chief Development Officer, Radisson Hotel Group
- Maria Zarraluqi, Global Development Managing Director & VP, Meliá Hotels International
- Stephen Ruhmore Jr, President and CEO, HVS
- Gilda Perez-Alvarado, Americas CEO, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels & Hospitality
- Daniel Silverman, Senior Vice President, Foreign Direct Investment, Invest Quebec
- Dominic Volek, Global Head of Sales, Henley & Partners
As a bonus, there will be a specialised stream in the afternoon featuring an expert panel, who will focus on hotel investment and development.
The full agenda and information about registration can be found here.
For more information, please contact Trina Adams-Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Invest Turks and Caicos
Invest Turks and Caicos is the Turks and Caicos Islands’ Investment Promotion Agency, responsible for enhancing the economy through the attraction, growth and retention of overseas investment; and supporting the growth and expansion of local businesses.
We provide a confidential service to overseas businesses looking to invest in the Turks and Caicos Islands, and will work with a company project team throughout the investment process, providing advice, support and facilitation. This includes:
- information on the local business climate;
- facilitating the inward investments through project review and advice to Cabinet;
- coordinating the investor’s interaction with relevant Government Departments throughout the investment process;
- advice on Government incentives and concessions to investors;
- introductions to local service providers/suppliers;
- advice on work permits and permanent residency procedures;
- ongoing support following set up.
Invest TCI also works actively to support the growth of local businesses on the islands, including the management and delivery of the Micro Small and Medium Enterprise programme which provides grants, training funding and import duty relief to locally owned businesses.