Job Title: Finance Support Officer
Part time: One year contract
Job summary: The Finance Support Officer works directly with start-ups and existing entrepreneurs to diagnose businesses’ financial health, provide guidance on business operations, provide confidential, one-on-one counselling and coaching in all areas of business finance. The Finance Support Officer will also assist clients under TCI Government’s Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Programme regulations.
- Provides financial management counselling at the Invest TCI office or at the site of the MSME business.
- Provides financial coaching to MSME clients in record keeping, business planning, loan proposals and related financial matters.
- Reviews financial information contained in business plans to ensure financial projections are realistic and accurate.
- Guides clients in the preparation of financial reports.
- Reviews clients’ financial statements, provides feedback on the financial state of the business and makes recommendations on how to improve the financial health of the business.
- Develops record-keeping templates to assist clients with registering and tracking their financial performance.
- Provide advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of business and financial records, in compliance with relevant regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager of Invest TCI to give support directly to MSMEs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Meticulous and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent data management and data analysis skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Skilled in relating to business owners and adult learners.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and related applications.
- Skilled in assessing business training needs, whether the assessment methods are formal or informal.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with business owners in a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of sound, practical business practices of MSME operations.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of business accounting and software such as QuickBooks.
- Ability to develop and deliver educational financial management training programmes and/or workshops throughout the islands.
- Ability to analyze situations or market needs and communicate these effectively.
- Ability to develop business plans, financial strategies and business loan proposals.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years’ experience related to the essential functions specified.
- Past or current business ownership/management experience preferred.
- Experience in counselling and/or advising businesses.
- Small business finance/banking experience is preferred.
- Holder of a valid driver’s license and passport.
Salary: $42,000 per annum based on qualifications and experience.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, a cover letter, two letters of reference (one from a former employer), a copy of every educational certificate/diploma, a Police Certificate and a copy of the passport photo page.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO of Invest Turks and Caicos Islands and can be delivered in person to the Agency’s offices at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Leeward Highway, or emailed to email@example.com prior to the deadline date of May 26th, 2023.
The subject line in the email should read “Finance Support Officer” and envelopes delivered to the Agency should have the subject “Finance Support Officer” clearly marked on the front.
We thank all applicants who apply for their interest in the position. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.