The Turks and Caicos Islands, through its status as a British Overseas Territory, is a stable Caribbean country and there are no restrictions on foreign property ownership in the Turks and Caicos. Financing and insurance are available to residents and new arrivals alike.
The Turks and Caicos Real Estate Association (TCREA) has set up an effective network among the islands’ realtors, allowing for transparency in the local real estate market for both customers and agents.
Real estate for commercial investment is available primarily through the private market, a visit to TCREA’s site would place at your fingertips the plethora of real estate investment opportunities. Our Invest TCI team would be happy to work with you to facilitate a development project on your newly acquired real estate investment.
Our Crown Land Unit facilitates the acquisition of a Crown Land lease only in circumstances where private property is not available.
Stamp duty rates for property acquisition or transfer are detailed below. Reach out to us for more information on this.
Stamp Duty Rates:
In Grand Turk, Salt Cay, South Caicos, Middle Caicos, North Caicos:
– 5% or $5 for every $100 where the amount or value is consideration is $25k-100k
– 6.5% or $6.50 for every $100 where the amount or value in consideration is greater than $100k
Elsewhere in the Turks and Caicos:
– 6.5% or $6.50 for every $100 where the amount or value is consideration is $25k-250k
– 8% or $8 for every $100 where the amount or value is consideration is $250k-500k
– 10% or $10 for every $100 where the amount or value is consideration is greater than $500k