Job Title: Senior Vice President – Investor Services
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Invest Turks and Caicos Offices – Providenciales
The Vice President of Investor Services plays a pivotal role in the operations of Invest Turks and Caicos. The Vice President will be responsible for lead generation and ensuring that the facilitation processes for encouraging investment at the Agency are efficient and effective and that prospective investors are serviced to the highest standards.
The VP will be responsible for assigning proposals to the Investor Services Executives as well as undertaking certain complex or highly politicized project proposal reviews. The VP will ensure that the proposal review system has all the required policies and procedures to be effective and that the system is functioning smoothly. The VP will also establish and monitor a strong aftercare service that will ensure that current investors receive high quality services. The VP Investors Services will be responsible for establishing additional revenue generating services such as a “Concierge” service that will directly assist investors to navigate the regulatory systems.
Finally, the VP – Investor Services will be the Deputy CEO and responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization when the CEO is absent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the Invest Turks and Caicos team in identifying TCI’s target sectors and identify investment opportunities that can be marketed to investors.
- To develop and implement processes for lead generation and information dissemination to domestic and foreign investors.
- To develop processes and procedures for facilitating investment in the country, including proposal templates, guidelines,
- To assign project proposals to appropriate Managers and oversee their work to ensure that it is consistent, accurate and effective. Design and implement reporting systems in order to ensure the Board and Cabinet are aware of all projects under consideration and provide regular data as to the economic impacts of the work.
- To manage a portfolio of more complex and politically difficult project proposals. The project assessments will include:
- Reviewing investor proposals
- Clarifying details to ensure a complete proposal
- Consulting with other Ministries on the project to identify any fatal flaws for the project and facilitate the investment process.
- Screening new investment projects for suitability, feasibility and quality of investment and investor.
- Collaborating with the legal advisor to conclude negotiations for investment incentives and assisting investors to finalize their development agreements.
- Preparing cabinet papers for approval of development incentives under the Encouragement of Development Ordinance and the SME Policy.
- Providing investors with all the services and assistance they may need for their business.
- Establishing and maintaining a proper filing and database system of the project portfolio. and
- Reporting the status of active projects on a quarterly and annual basis, including relevant statistics.
- To establish and maintain contacts and good relationships with potential investors and business locally and internationally, including key North American, Canadian and European based organizations some of whose members either already have significant investments in TCI or are planning to make investments.
- To collaborate with the VP Marketing in the planning and execution of investment promotion marketing programs, including investment tours and attendance at key investment conferences.
- To produce materials needed to assist domestic investors to identify financing and to address any regulatory impediments to implementation.
- To contribute to the Strategic Plan and Budget annually.
- To make presentations as needed to prospective investors.
- To undertake any other relevant activities or duties as deemed necessary by the CEO.
Education and qualifications:
Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Management, Marketing, or Economics. A minimum of five (5) years of senior executive management in sales/account management activities.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Five or more years of senior management experience at a public or private enterprise/company/agency engaged in investment development and/or marketing.
- Frontline sales and account management experience.
- Clear evidence of leadership skills including the ability to mentor and grow staff.
- Extensive research and analysis experience involving industry or economic development issues.
- Experience in destination and/or investment sales/marketing.
- Experience in lead generation and supporting customer service with evidence of successful lead generation activities.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets
- Experience in working and negotiating with major international businesses
- Experience in managing a small team
- Track record of competency in current and previous employment.
- Excellent Leadership Qualities and Personnel Management skills
- Strong Writing and presentational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage time effectively
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Open and engaging demeanor.
- Able to generate and share ideas.
- Hands-on approach.
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Able to win the trust and personal credibility
- Persistence and personal resilience.
- Willingness to personally deliver quality to business clients.
- Willingness to understand different cultures, lifestyles, and associated points of view.
- Willingness to understand the values associated with small communities
- Fluent English
- Willingness and ability to travel by air and sea.