Job Title: Vice President – Micro Small Medium Enterprise
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Invest Turks and Caicos Offices – Providenciales
Duration: Temporary position – (1) one year period.
The Vice President-SME (VP-SME) will be responsible for leading efforts to implement the TCI Government’s Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Ordinance and encourage all other aspects of domestic investment. The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating applications by domestic investors for duty concessions and cash grants as outlined under the MSME Ordinance and for providing funds to clients of the Center for Entrepreneurial Development who have been approved for technical assistance.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing project proposals, following up with investors to ensure that there is a complete package of materials, arranging for materials to be distributed to the Development Advisory Group for their input, providing feedback to their investor clients on issues, supporting the SVP in negotiating with Government and clients on investment incentives. The VP-SME will be required to prepare Cabinet submissions with respect to specific projects under their care and to provide advice and support to Ministers related to those projects. As well, the VP-SME will need to develop and implement guidelines for the provision of cash grants for domestic investors who have applied for grants and to provide contribution (grant) agreements to clients of the CED who are approved for technical assistance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To research TCI’s target sectors to identify investment opportunities that can be marketed to investors.
- To identify specific domestic investors, developers, and operators to approach with investment propositions using a range of tools, including newsletters, blogs, webinars, and various data bases. After identifying potential investors actively engage in contacting target investors and determine “qualified leads.
- To provide data, information, reports and advice to assist prospective domestic investors.
- To facilitate efforts of domestic investors to develop projects in the country using the MSME Ordinance and manage a portfolio of investment proposals by investors who have approached the TCI Government with development proposals. The project assessments will include:
- Establishing policies and procedures for the provision of concession and/or grants to approved domestic clients and for providing funds to CED clients for technical assistance.
- Reviewing investor proposals for concessions and/or grants.
- Clarifying details to ensure a complete proposal.
- Consulting with TCIG Ministries on the project to identify any fatal flaws for the project and facilitate the investment process.
- Screening new investment projects for suitability, feasibility and quality of investment and investor.
- Preparing cabinet papers for approval of development incentives under the MSME Ordinance.
- Collaborating with the legal advisor to conclude negotiations for investment incentives and assisting investors to finalize their development agreements.
- Providing investors with required services and refer clients to the CED for technical assistance they may need for their business.
- Establishing and maintaining a proper filing and data base system of the project portfolio and
- Reporting the status of active projects on a quarterly and annual basis, including relevant statistics.
- To establish and maintain contacts and good relationships with potential investors and business locally and with regional and international organizations engaged in SME development.
- To assist with the planning and execution of investment promotion marketing programs, including investment tours and attendance at key investment conferences.
- To produce materials needed to assist domestic investors to identify financing and to address any regulatory impediments to implementation.
- To collaborate and assist the CED in their efforts to provide technical assistance and to provide the required contribution agreements to fund approved technical assistance proposals.
- To contribute to the Strategic Plan and Budget annually.
- To make presentations as needed to prospective investors.
- To undertake any other relevant activities or duties as deemed necessary.
Salary and Allowances:
$65,000 per annum plus allowances
Education and qualifications:
Post graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Management, Marketing, or Economics.
Experience and Knowledge:
- At least three years’ experience in a management role in a business or economic development organization.
- Extensive research and analysis experience involving industry or economic development issues.
- Experience in destination and/or investment marketing.
- Strong background in sales and business development and the ability to proactively seek out and call on senior executives of commercial organizations and advise them on their business operations.
- Experience in lead generation and supporting customer service.
- Experience in the writing, designing and production of marketing materials.
- Experience in using website management and other communication channels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience making presentations to large and small groups.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Open and engaging demeanor.
- Able to generate and share ideas.
- Hands-on approach.
- Willing to take personal responsibility.
- Able to win trust and personal credibility.
- Persistence and personal resilience.
- Willingness to personally deliver quality to business clients.
- Willingness to understand different cultures, lifestyles, and associated points of view.
- Willingness to understand the values associated with small communities.
- Fluent English
- Willingness and ability to travel by air and sea.
Deadline Date for Applications
The deadline date for applications is July 30, 2021, Turks and Caicos time.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate, and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The CEO (Acting) – Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “Vice President – Micro Small Medium Enterprise” clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to email@example.com.The subject line in the email should read “ Vice President – Micro Small Medium Enterprise.”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.