Job Title: SME Support Officer
Reporting to: Vice President – SME
The SME Support Officer will provide support to Vice President SME in leading efforts to implement the MSME Programme. The Officer will be responsible for reviewing project proposals, following up with applicants to ensure that there is a complete package of materials, arranging for materials to be distributed to the VP-SME for presentation to the Advisory Committee, providing feedback to clients on issues with respect to their projects. The SME Support Officer will be required to conduct monitoring and inspection of approved projects to ensure there is compliance of the Concession Order.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Education (Secondary Level) or History
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review applications to ensure completeness and eligibility
- Serve as Secretary to MSME Advisory Committee
- To establish and maintain contacts and good relationships with potential clients and businesses locally.
- To assist VP SME in collaborative efforts with CED to provide technical assistance and to monitor contribution agreements to fund approved technical assistance proposals.
- To make presentations as needed to prospective MSME entrepreneurs.
- To conduct research, as required, to assist the VP SME to identify potential domestic investors from target sectors for investment opportunities.
- To conduct site visits to business locations and report findings
- To conduct monitoring and inspection of small businesses with approved MSME Concession Orders.
- To maintain and update register/CRM;
- To maintain filing system
- Prepare client request for payment and customs duty reduction
- To assist and advise CED staff in Grand Turk with MSME funding applications
- Reporting the status of active projects on a monthly basis, including relevant statics.
- Any other relevant activities or duties as required by the VP-SME.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial literacy
- Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience making presentations to large and small groups
- Motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Open and engaging demeanour
- Ability to simplify and be clear in oral communication
- Ability to teach, encourage and positively correct CED staff and Clients
- Hands-on approach
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Able to win trust and personal credibility
- Willingness to personally deliver quality to business clients
- Ability and proven willingness to maintain Client and ITCIA confidentiality
- Fluent in English
Salary and Allowances:
Negotiable in the range of $43,060 to $52,470 based on qualifications and experience
Deadline Date for Applications
The deadline date for applications is August 2, 2021, Turks, and Caicos time.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate, and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The CEO (Acting) – Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “MSME Support Officer” clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.The subject line in the email should read “ MSME Support Officer.”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.