Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager (CFM)
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Invest TCI Offices – Providenciales
The Corporate Finance Manager (CFM) is a key member of the Agency team with primary responsibility for ensuring Invest Turks and Caicos has strong internal financial control structure, along with ensuring proper financial reporting, account reconciliation and budgeting. The CFM works closely with the Manager-Corporate Services to ensure effective internal operations are maintained.
The CFM’s secondary role will be to support the efforts of the Senior VP – Investor Services in attracting new investment to the country by conducting financial due diligence on investment projects, developing and maintaining a financial assessment model for Investor Services Executives and providing advice and support to the team and business clients related to the Micro-Small Enterprises (MSME) Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Ensures that financial accounting systems, including systems for day to day transactions (general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll) cash flow forecasting and management, credit control, and petty cash are accurately and efficiently maintained. Systems should be maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and/or IFRS.
- Ensures that supporting information for all financial transactions is documented, accurately and properly filed and compliant with all financial provisions of the relevant ordinances and statutory requirements.
- Ensure costs and revenue are recorded and reported accurately, timely, and completely in accordance with financial assertions;
- Ensure that costs and revenue are incurred and managed in accordance with the terms of the approved budget;
- Ensure that Invest Turks and Caicos complies with all financial provisions of the relevant ordinances and statutory requirements particularly the Public Procurement Ordinance and the Public Finance Management Ordinance.
- Ensure records, transactions, events, activities and other performance indicators accurately, timely and completely in accordance with performance measure assertions, if any.
- Ensures the reconciliation of bank and investment accounts monthly, including monthly supplier reconciliations, review of overdue accounts receivables, updating the accrual and prepayment schedules and calculation and recording of depreciation expense.
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly financial reports for management, the Board and TCIG are accurately and timely prepared in accordance with applicable standards.
- Make recommendations to the management and the Board on potential areas to reduce expenditure or increase revenue where over run or short falls are noted, respectively.
- Ensures the completion and maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register.
- Budget Preparation
- Collaborate with the CSM to support the preparation of the annual budget using a “Zero Based Budget” approach, in consultation with the CEO, Board of Directors and Invest TCI team.
- Ensure alignment of the KPI’s with available resources
3. Project Analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain system for conducting proper financial due diligence on domestic and foreign investors.
- Develop/implement a financial model for investment projects that will allow for rapid review of projects and conduct of sensitivity analysis to detect project risk.
- Develop templates that can be used by Investor Services Executives (ISE) to compare project costs to socio-economic benefits.
- Review financial information contained in complex project proposals assigned by the SVP and comment on the financial viability of the investment as presented by the proponents.
- Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
- Monitor compliance of grant agreements with the Center for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) to provide Government funding towards the work of the not for profit entity.
- Provide oversight on financial analysis of MSME Business Plans.
- Other Related Business
- Undertake any related activities required by the Agency as requested by the CEO, SVP.
Education and qualifications:
University degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Detailed knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Minimum five years senior accounting experience in a public or private company environment.
- Significant experience in conducting due diligence and financial analysis on development projects and in supporting entrepreneurs.
- Proficiency in the use of various computer programs, including: Accounting (Simply Accounting),Word processing (MS Office), Spreadsheets MS Office), Project Management (Visio)
- Strong track record of competency in current and previous employment.
- Excellent Leadership Qualities
- Strong Writing and presentational skills.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage time effectively
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Open and engaging demeanor.
- Able to generate and share ideas.
- Hands-on approach.
- Willing to take personal responsibility
- Able to win trust and personal credibility
- Persistence and personal resilience.
- Willingness to personally deliver quality to business clients.
- Willingness to understand different cultures, lifestyles and associated points of view.
- Willingness to understand the values associated with small communities.
- Fluent English
- Willingness and ability to travel by air, land, and sea.
Salary and Allowances:
Negotiable in a range from $60,000 to $70,000 depending on education and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
The deadline date for applications is August 27, 2021, Turks, and Caicos time.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate, and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The CEO (Acting) – Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “Corporate Finance Manager” clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .The subject line in the email should read “Corporate Finance Manager ”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be