Job Title: Business Advisor
The Business Advisor works directly with start-up and existing entrepreneurs to diagnose business health, provide guidance on business operations, provides confidential, one-on-one counseling and coaching in all areas of business, including market feasibility, business planning, financing, marketing, peer-to-peer mentoring, and human resource development. The Business Advisor will also assist clients under TCI Government’s Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Program regulations.
- Provides business counselling at the Invest TCI office or at the site of the MSME business.
- Provides technical assistance to MSME clients in research and development of business plans, marketing plans, loan proposals and related business development requirements.
- Provide advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of business and financial records, in compliance with relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Liaise with Invest TCI staff and other relevant partners on matters to meet the objectives of the TCI Government MSME Program.
- Utilizes Neoserra Data Base to document client activity in an accurate, timely and comprehensive manner, and utilizes the database software to manage business caseload and produce reports.
- Develops, promotes, coordinates and delivers business management training programs in a variety of topics.
- Collaborates with public and private sector stakeholders to achieve the objectives of Invest TCI.
- Participates, as assigned to promote local business and economic development within various sectors.
- Communicates with the business owners in a professional, patient, ethical and sincere way.
- Stays aware of global and national market trends and the changing needs of the MSME sector.
- Encourages businesses to utilize the various programs offered by Invest TCI.
- Assist in the continued development of Invest TCI’s strategic plan.
- Refers clients to other resources and professionals when necessary.
- Travels throughout the islands to deliver services to MSMEs, as well as occasionally work evenings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with small business owners in a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop business plans, marketing plans, financial strategies and business loan proposals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the 2015 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Ordinance and related Regulations.
- Knowledge of sound, practical business practices of MSME operations.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of banker expectations of the small business owner.
- Knowledge of basic business accounting and software such as QuickBooks.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office and related applications.
- Skill in dealing with business owners and their staff.
- Skills in assessing business training needs, whether the assessment methods are formal or informal.
- Ability to develop and deliver educational programs and/or workshops.
- Skills in relating to the business owner and adult learner.
- Ability to analyze situations or market needs and communicate these effectively.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Entrepreneurship from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one year’s experience related to the essential functions specified.
- Past or current business ownership/management experience.
- Experience in counselling and/or advising small businesses.
- Small business finance/banking experience is preferred.
- Holder of a valid driver’s license and passport.
Salary: $43,600 per annum based on qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
The deadline date for applications is July 21, 2023. Belongers only need apply.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate, and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks, and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The CEO – of Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “Business Advisor “clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line in the email should read “Business Advisor”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.